Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My new favorite MC: Asher Roth



It's good to see yet another white rapper... I'm serious. Besides obvious choices such as Atmosphere, Eminem and ummm I think that's pretty much it for me. I like hearing dudes like Asher Roth breah new life into Hip-hop.

The song above "La di da" has become my official anthem. The song is self explanatory after you listen to it a couple of times.

"Life without struggling, yeah right
Make one mistake, won't make that twice
Out of sight out of mind, find yourself out of time
Buy your own pants, get your hands out of mine
"

Life's always going to be struggle whether it's good or bad, that's pretty simple to understand. Mistakes and life go together like marshmallows and cereal. Everybody can always learn from mistakes... that's why they always occur(I've learned this the hard way).

"When I cant take it, I cant take it no more
This is what I say
La Di Da Da Da, La Di Da Da Da, Over
When you cant take it, When you cant take it no more
This is what you say,
La Di Da Da Da, La Di Da Da Da Over
"

This has to be my favorite part of the entire track. I actually sing this to myself each and everytime I feel frustrated now a days. My dude Asher Roth rhymes about real s*** which people like me can actually relate too... thank you Mr. Roth!

No comments: