Friday, April 3, 2009

The biggest baby in the NFL... Jay Cutler


Congratulations Mr. Cutler!!!!! You finally got your wish... you're officially the new savior for the Chicago Bears. Before we move ahead lets go over some key moments that led his inevitable exile from Denver.

- After having missed the playoffs after a 4-0 start, the Broncos fire Mike Shanahan after 14-year stint.
- The Broncos hire NE Patriots offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, as their new head coach.
- McDaniels inquires about trading for QB Matt Cassel from the Patriots. Who's eventually traded to Kansas City.
- Cutler gets upset upon hearing about the Matt Cassel ordeal and asks to be traded.
- Cutler puts his house up for sale and his parents house for sale.
- McDaniels believes that he could still patch things up between Cutler and himself.
- Things never get patched up and Jay Cutler is traded to the Chicago Bears.


This entire debacle leads to what has to be the quote of the year in the NFL:
"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon. I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. (The Broncos) had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't. I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far." Jay Cutler

That's real cute Cutler... I hope you know that right now you're the NFL's #1 Douchebox. Believing the notion that Cutler loves Denver and he likes his teammates is about as believable as having Bill Belichick say that he likes and respects the NY Jets.

So let's see what Cutler leaves behind:
- A high powered offense in Denver.
- WR's Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall.

Let's see what Cutler has in Chicago:
- WR's Devin Hester and Greg Olsen?
- A non-explosive offense.

I'll give it to the Bear's... their defense is still good enough to hold it down. Besides having an incredible rushing attack in Matt Forte and Kevin Jones... there's nothing else to work with.

We shall see what happens with this trade... so far I'll definitely give the edge to the Bears. Instead of having bums like Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton (who combined still wouldn't be half as good as Cutler) they now have an actual quarterback in Jay Cutler.

[Photo courtesy of allposters.com]

No comments: