Thursday, April 23, 2009

Joe Budden: Are you in that mood yet?



I know I know... Joe Budden is wack to all of those who don't actually take the time out to listen to him. Yes his first and only album on Def Jam did flop... I mean the dude did at least release to hit singles: Pump it up and Fire. What I like most about Joe was the fact that he was a local dude from Jersey. All of that bulls*** doesn't matter though... what does matter is the song I posted above.

Look over the quotables below:

-"It's stuck between platinum and flop, underground and mainstream
Concious, backpack, scratch that, same thing OH
"

-"I'm somewhere between the real and the fakeness
The red pill, blue pill, real and the Matrix
"

-"I don't enjoy bein shunned, so I'm back as Neo
Fans enjoyed The One, annoint me as begun
"

-"I just let n***** get a head start YEAH
I walk to the finish, y'all spread out chase
Nah sprint out pace, and I'll still win the race YEP
See I'm joggin
Other n***** legs starts wobblin, when opportunity is start knockin
"

-"I'm far from a "YES" man, I'm a trend setter
It's no games, just a Def Jam Vendetta
"

-"Don't put n***** in the same sink as me
I mean metaphors, storylines, deep s***, club s***, girl s***, world s***
They don't use to ink like me
N***** don't even think like me NAH
"

-"Your first week ain't right, they can't f*** wit 'em
Now if you don't sell 5 mill, they had enough of 'em
Let me find out Hip Hop's turnin' Republican
"

-"I'm the Mets, was suppose to be ill in '05 WHOA" (This quotable stings just a little since I'm a Mets fan)

-"No names should be mentioned but mine, unless you talkin' Big Pun in his
prime
Maybe '96 Jay, before Dame was throwin' money around
Or 2pac without Humpty around
Or 50 before Em, Nas talkin' like a gun in his song
Cam'ron during "Children Of The Corn"
Beans before the cops came through and try to grill 'em
I'm talkin '95, Big L before they killed 'em
Em before 8 Mile, Shyne before the deal sh***
Canibus, no album out before the L s***
Talkin' bout Kiss, DMX when he was f*****' wit coke
Or "Cuban Linx," Raekwon and Ghost
I do it all, who blendin' so well in the game
Talkin' Fab, back when he was still spellin' his name MANG
On my Diddy s***, Memphis, Grizzlie s***
Like back in the day when Clue swiped all of Biggie's s*** N****
Rappers don't need trouble with I
Unless it's Rass Kass before the D.W.I
Or Talib with Mos, Common before "Be"
If they any less common, don't put 'em before me
See, I'm not a rapper, I'm a prophet
Chill Joe stop it, skill will speak for you, don't pop s***
"

OMG!!!!!! STOP IT JOEY... YOUR KILLING 'EM!!!!! This song is a lyrical tongue lashing...

Even though it's damn near three years old I still hold this track near to my heart. The beat sounds sinister... this song inspires me to take over the world!

Let me just say this about this track... the ENTIRE song is a quotable!

No comments: