Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hoop Heroes: Cherokee Parks



His name is Cherokee Bryan Parks... and most people will definitely not recognize him at all. Only hardcore NBA fans will remember him. The only reason why I know him is because when I use to collect NBA trading cards as a young lad I would ALWAYS get his card in most of my packs. I felt as if the NBA was trying to mind f*** me with his name.

Parks began his basketball journey playing for Coaching legend Mike Krzyzewski and Duke University. He would selected by the Dallas Mavericks in the 1st round of the 1995 NBA Draft. Throughout a decade long career Parks played for the Mavericks, Mineesota Timberwolves, Vancouver Grizzlies, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs, Washington Wizards and Golden State Warriors.

Let's take a look at his career stats:

Career Games: 472
Games Started: 151
PPG: 4.4
RPG: 3.60

Career Highlight: It definitely has to be winning the 1992 national title with the Duke Blue Devils as a freshman.

Fun Fact: Parks' mother named him after his great-grandmother, who was a member of the Cherokee tribe.

Cherokee Parks you might not be an NBA legend... but you're certainly a legend in my heart!

[Photo courtesy of cache.gettyimages.com]

No comments: